Around the country, there is an abundance of Homeland Security jobs available to individuals who possess advanced degrees, skills, and experiences as safety professionals. The average Homeland Security Salary can range from $25,000 to $100,000 or more, and it is earned by individuals who work as investigators, intelligence officers, and private contractors for the government and their communities. Interestingly, many of those professionals possess some type of military background in addition to an actual Homeland Security degree. While individuals can only obtain military experience through an actual enlistment with one of the United States Armed Forces, they can earn a Homeland Security Degree in as little as three to four years through an accredited college or university.
Today, with the nation’s increased need for enhanced homeland security measures, there are many outstanding schools that offer individuals Homeland Security Degree programs. One such school is American InterContinental University. American InterContinental University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. This school has been ranked as one of the best colleges in the nation by Forbes Magazine. An online Bachelor’s of Science in Criminal Justice-Homeland Security and Crisis Management Degree program is offered to individuals who possess at least a high school diploma. The tuition cost for this program is $54,410.
Tulane University is another top-notch school that offers a degree in Homeland Security. Tulane University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and is ranked as one of the best colleges in the United States by U.S. News and World Report. A Bachelor’s of Science in Homeland Security Degree program is offered to students who possess at least a high school diploma. The tuition cost for this program is $302 per credit hour.
Homeland Security Salary Details
Individuals who possess Homeland Security Degrees are rewarded with a Homeland Security Salary that reflects not only their specific occupation, but also their skill, years of experience, and professional reputation. Provided below is a descriptive overview of some of the specific occupations that are available to those who possess a Homeland Security Degree.
1. Security Guards: Security Guards are usually entry-level professionals whose main role is to secure and protect the government, private agencies, and/or businesses. On average, these professionals earn $28,765 per year.
2. Immigration Officers: Immigration Officers are in charge of overseeing the policies and procedures related to the entry of individuals from foreign countries. Immigration officers earn an average salary of $59,511 per year.
3. Border Patrol Agents: Border Patrol Agents oversee the policies and procedures related to both the legal and illegal importation and exportation of goods, services, and people on the nation’s borders. With the recent increase in national security measures, these professionals are in high demand around the country. On average, Border Patrol Agents earn $89,333 per year.
4. Criminal Investigators: Criminal Investigators often work for the Secret Service, and their main role is to investigate criminal activities both nationally and overseas. Criminal Investigators earn an average salary of $58,750 per year.
5. Cybersecurity Specialists: The main role of Cybersecurity Specialists is to ensure the security of data and network systems that are operated over the Internet. These professionals have become essential to the government and military in preventing terrorist infiltration. On average, Cybersecurity Specialists earn between $38,000 and $104,000 per year.
Each of the homeland security occupations described above represents a rewarding and satisfying career option for professionals in the field. Not only do professionals in those occupations enjoy a lucrative Homeland Security Salary, they also possess the potential to enhance those earnings through honing their skills as the nation’s leaders and protectors.